Global Smart Energy Summit 2020 Online Event
The GLOBAL SMART ENERGY SUMMIT 2020 will bring together leaders in business, civil society, policy makers and academia to provide a significant contribution to public debate on government stimulus packages and climate change action.
Note: Please register separately for each day.
BE a part of the largest online smart energy event in 2020 - our last online summit in May attracted over 3,500 registrants!
AN OUTSTANDING PROGRAM
The two-day program features industry and political leaders exploring ways to tackle the economic crisis and the climate crisis at the same time.
Hear from more than twenty keynote speakers and chairs including international experts and political influencers, eminent Australians, CEOs of leading Australian businesses and renewables firms, and community and social change leaders.
The event will be free to attend and we expect 10,000 delegates. REGISTER NOW!
View the latest program here or click on the button below.
A RARE OPPORTUNITY
EXPERIENCE A STELLAR GLOBAL LINEUP and engage in discussion with:
- Mark Carney, UN Climate Envoy and Finance Adviser, COP26
- Malcolm Turnbull, 29th Prime Minister of Australia
- Bill McKibben, Founder, 350.org
- Frank Bainimarama, Prime Minister of Fiji and COP23 President
- Audrey Zibelman, CEO, Australian Energy Market Operator
- Mike Cannon-Brookes, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, Atlassian
- Rt Hon Kwasi Kwarteng MP, UK Minister for Business, Energy and Clean Growth
- Sam Kimmins, Global Head of RE100
- James Ellsmoor, Director, Solar Head of State
- Lord Deben, Chairman, UK Committee on Climate Change
- Upendra Tripethy, Director-General International Solar Alliance
- Jamie Isbister, Australian Ambassador for the Environment
- Dr Shi Zhengrong, Founder, SunMan Co Ltd
- Prof Martin Green, Scientia Professor, Australian Centre for Advanced Photovoltaics, University of New South Wales
- Sam Muraki, Representative Director Green Ammonia Consortium; Regional Vice-Chair World Energy Council
- Alex Hewitt, Chairman, Asian Renewable Energy Hub
- Dr Jemma Green, Co-founder and Chairman, Power Ledger
- and many more...
6:00 - 8:00 PM (AEST - Sydney Time)
Join our guest speakers for this early evening session and explore European perspectives on the economic and climate crises.
|5:15 PM||Welcome and introductions|
|5:20 PM||European perspectives|
|7:55 PM||Wrap up|
This is the first of two events. Please register separately for Day 2.
WEDNESDAY 30 SEPTEMBER
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM (AEST - Sydney Time)
|8:00 AM||Welcome and introductions|
|8:05 AM||Global perspectives|
|9:45 AM||Australian perspectives|
|1:00 PM||Global Renewable Energy|
|2:30 PM||Australian global renewable energy projects|
|3:55 PM||Wrap up and conclusion|
BE AT THE CENTRE of the smart energy economy, this global summit is your chance to engage with market leaders and your peers.
By attending you can expect to:
- GRASP how readily accessible and feasible renewables supported by policy are for the global economy;
- BE INVIGORATED by the new era of renewable energy manufacturing and export potential from energy experts;
- LEARN about the progress of a renewables-led recovery;
- HEAR how Australia can become a renewable energy superpower by 2030; and
- JOIN a network of speakers from policymakers to climate and the smart energy supply chain.
For the full line up of speakers, please click here.
Can't attend live? Register anyway!
- This event will be recorded.
- Recordings will be made available, on the Smart Energy Council website here, approximately 24 hours after the conclusion of the Summit.
- This FREE TO ATTEND summit will be powered by Zoom.
- Please register for each day separately.
Terms & Conditions
- To register and to access summit materials you need to provide your name, organisation, job title, mobile and email address.
TUESDAY 29 SEPTEMBER
5 - 8 PM (AEST - Sydney Time)
Join our global guest speakers for this early evening session and explore European perspectives on the economic and climate crises.
The DAY 1 program features:
+ Walburga Hemetsberger – CEO Solar Power Europe
+ Thorsten Herdan – Deputy Secretary of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, Germany
+ Stefan Schurig – Secretary General, Foundations Platform F20
+ Rt Hon Kwasi Kwarteng MP – UK Minister for Business, Energy and Clean Growth
+ Sam Kimmins – Global Head of RE100
+ James Ellsmoor – Director Solar Head of State
+ Lord Deben – Chairman, UK Committee on Climate Change
WEDNESDAY 30 SEPTEMBER
8 AM - 4:15 PM (AEST - Sydney Time)
The DAY 2 program features:
+ Mark Carney – UN Climate Envoy & Finance Adviser, COP26
+ Malcolm Turnbull – 29th Prime Minister of Australia;
+ Jeffrey D Sachs – Director, Centre for Sustainable Development, Columbia University
+ Bill McKibben – Founder 350.org
+ Frank Bainimarama – Prime Minister of Fiji
+ Upendra Tripethy – Director-General International Solar Alliance
+ Mike Cannon-Brookes – Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer Atlassian
They will be joined by renewables experts and political leaders.