- 14 Mar 2019
REMINDER: AS/NZS 5139 Open for public comment
Draft AS/NZS 5139 - Electrical Installations - Safety of battery systems for use with power conversion equipment
On 31 January 2019 Standards Australia released the draft AS/NZS 5139 - Electrical Installations - Safety of battery systems for use with power conversion equipment for public comment.
You can download the draft and view any incoming comments on the Standards Australia website*.
Scroll down to the listing:
To 'Download Draft' AS/NZS 5139 click on the left hand side button*
To 'Make a comment' click on the right hand side button*
- Public Comment opened on January 31st 2019 - a 9 week consultation period.
- Public Comment closes soon - on Wednesday 3rd April 2019 at 23:59 AEST.
- All comments are to be submitted on the Standards Australia Hub.
Your say matters
If you wish to submit your comments to the Smart Energy Council for inclusion in our comments, please email John Grimes, [email protected].
If you have any questions or would like additional support please contact Standards Australia on 1800 035 822 or [email protected]
*Note: Standards Australia user account and log in required.
To learn more about the 2nd Draft of AS/NZS 5139 including: -
- the 3 sections covering Pre-assembled Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS);
- Pre-assembled Battery Systems (BS);
- other BESS & BS not complying to the Best Practice Guide: battery storage equipment; and
- interpreting it for the safe installation of batteries for a range of chemistries.
Then join us at #SmartEnergy19 with guest speaker Glen Morris, SolarQuip.
Other battery focused sessions at Smart Energy 2019 include:
- Developing a National Specification and Classification for Batteries that allows comparision - with Anand Bhatt, CSIRO Energy; and
- Battery Standards Training - with Peter Cockburn, Navitus Solar