The Smart Energy Council is the peak industry body for the solar, storage and smart energy management in Australia.
Smart Energy Council is the peak body for the solar, storage and smart energy in Australia. We are a not-for-profit membership organisation committed to clean, efficient, cheap and smart energy solutions for all Australians.
Since 1954 we have been advancing the cause of solar and renewable energy as the Australian Solar Energy Society, the Australian Solar Council and Australian Energy Storage Council. In November 2017 we became the Smart Energy Council - Learn more about why we changed.
The Smart Energy Council provides a way to bring together the various disciplines concerned with the design, development, application and use of smart energy within Australia. The range of smart energy is broadening and includes solar, energy storage, energy management, wind, hydrogen, EVs and more. These smarter energy solutions sit across industrial, commercial, government, research and development, education, environment and social sectors.
Work and Programs
We help our 1000+ members drive industry forward and grow strong businesses by:
- Promoting smart energy policy and actively lobbying for our members
- Marketing, brand placement & promotion
- Providing timely market intelligence and actionable insight
- Connecting industry with potential customers and partners
- Training and professional development
- Keeping members up to date with industry standards
- Delivering member only alerts, events and networking
Our programs and services are extensive, they include:
- Driving advocacy, lobbying and industry building campaigns
- Delivering professional development, webinars and training
- Delivering networking events, roadshows and summits
- Leveraging market intelligence and consolidating data
- Delivering a FREE to attend annual Smart Energy Conference and Exhibition - Learn more
- A quarterly Smart Energy magazine - print and digital formats; and
- Fortnightly Smart Energy enewsletter
The Smart Energy Council is governed by a volunteer board elected by its members. Read More.
The Council's membership is comprised of individual, small and medium businesses and many Australian and international companies or organisations are corporate Members of the Smart Energy Council. We welcome installers, sales people, engineers, scientists, recruiters, managers and financiers; all of whom are in some way involved in the smart energy industry.
We are not lacking in ambition and our objectives for 2019-2020 are to:
- Continue to build the voice for solar, storage and smart energy management;
- Help deliver state and national smart energy policy; and
- Continue to improve quality and safety of solar and battery storage systems.