The Smart Energy Council is the peak industry body for the solar, storage and smart energy management in Australia.
Smart Energy Council is the peak body for the solar, storage and smart energy in Australia.
Since 1954 we have been advancing the cause of solar energy as the Australian Solar Energy Society and the Australian Solar Council. In 2014, we added energy storage with the creation of the Energy Storage Council. But today the market is all about smart energy solutions and November 2017 we became the Smart Energy Council - click here to learn more about why we changed and our new identity.
We are a not-for-profit membership organisation committed to clean, efficient, cheap and smart energy solutions for all Australians.
Our membership is comprised of individual, installer, small and large businesses from across Australia and internationally.
We help our 1000+ members drive industry forward and grow strong businesses by:
- Promoting smart energy policy and actively lobbying for our members
- Marketing, brand placement & promotion
- Providing timely market intelligence and actionable insight
- Connecting industry with potential customers and partners
- Training and professional development
- Keeping members up to date with industry standards
- Delivering member only alerts, events and networking
We are the driving force of smart energy. We define smart energy solutions quite broadly, they include solar PV, solar thermal, solar hot water, battery storage, smart controls, energy management, energy monitoring and trading, electric vehicles, pumped hydro, wind energy, hydro, bioenergy, ocean energy, geothermal, hydrogen, co/trigeneration and hybrid and enabling technologies – and others.
We are not lacking in ambition and our objectives for 2018 are to:
- Continue to build the voice for solar, storage and smart energy management;
- Help deliver state and national smart energy policy; and
- Continue to improve quality and safety of solar and battery storage systems.
Our programs and services are extensive, they include:
- Driving advocacy, lobbying and industry building campaigns
- Delivering professional development, webinars and training
- Delivering networking events, roadshows and summits
- Leveraging market intelligence and consolidating data
- Delivering a FREE to attend annual conference and exhibition
- A quarterly Solar & Storage magazine; and
- Fortnightly enewsletter