WIN A TRIP TO CHINA COMPETITION 2020
TERMS & CONDITIONS – Win a Trip to China Competition 2020
1. Information on how to enter form part of the terms and conditions of entry.
2. Entry is open to all permanent residents of Australia.
3. Entrants must be over the age of 18 years at the date of entry.
4. Employees and their immediate families of the Smart Energy Council and their agencies and companies associated with the promotion are ineligible to enter the competition.
5. The promotion opens at 9:00 am AEST on Saturday 1 February 2020 and ends at 5:00 pm AEST on Wednesday 8 April 2020.
6. To enter eligible entrants must get their official name badge scanned by event staff at the entry doors of the Smart Energy Conference and Exhibition from Tuesday 7 – Wednesday 8 April 2020 at the International Convention Centre, Sydney.
7. Participants may secure two entries by attending both days. Multiple venue entry on one day is equal to one competition entry.
8. Eligible participants will be required to provide their full name, email address, contact number and address details, to complete their entry. Illegible, incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be ineligible.
10. The promoter is the Australian Solar Energy Society (t/a Smart Energy Council), ABN 32 006 824 148, 34 Anderson Street, Chifley ACT 2606, telephone: 1300 768 204. The Smart Energy Council is the organiser of the Smart Energy Conference and Exhibition 2020.
PRIZES & WINNING
11. The draw for the winner will take place on Thursday 9 April 2020 at 11am AEST at the International Convention Centre, Sydney.
12. The winner will be selected by random draw.
13. The winner will be notified by call and email.
14. The winner will be announced on Thursday 9 April 2020. Publication of their name and state will occur on the www.smartenergy.org.au and www.smartenergyexpo.org.au websites within 48 hours of the prize draw.
15. The winner will receive:
· One place on the China Smart Energy Tour, 11-day trip to China from May 17-27 2020.
· 10 nights’ accommodation.
· 10 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches and 9 Dinners.
· Domestic transportation including high speed train and coach in China.
· Hosted site tours.
· Visit to Shanghai New International Expo Center (SNIEC).
· AUD $1,500 cash for personal expenses.
16. Total prize value is AUD $7,490 (RRP) inclusive of GST.
17. The winner is responsible for all other expenses not covered by the prize package including:
· Return Airfares to/from Australia.
· Visa for China.
· Travel insurance.
· Airport transfers.
· Personal expenditure, other incidentals and gratuities.
18. Judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes cannot be transferred. Non-cash prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
19. The promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
20. Winner must be available, willing and able to travel to China to claim their prize from 17/05/2020 to 27/05/2020. The winner is responsible for their own passport, visa and eligibility to enter China. If for any reason, the winner is unable to travel on these dates, or enter China, the prize may be forfeited.
21. The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
22. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
23. The promoter shall endeavour to contact the winner via phone within 24 hours of the prize draw. In the event that the winner cannot be contacted after one week, an alternate winner will be drawn. The unclaimed prize draw will take place on Thursday 16 April 2020 at 11am AEST at Smart Energy Council office, Canberra.
24. The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
25. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
26. Authorised under:
· NSW Permit Number: LTPS/20/41645